13th Annual Arbitration Training Institute: A Comprehensive Training in Advanced Arbitration Skills
March 9-10, 2020
Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
Phoenix, AZ, USA
SVAMC is a cooperating organization for the 13th Annual Arbitration Training Institute in Phoenix, Arizona on March 9-10, 2020.
As a member of a cooperating organization, SVAMC members are eligible for the lowest registration rate. When registering, select “Cooperating Organization Member” in the pricing dropdown.
SVAMC member speakers include: Gary Benton, Barbara Reeves, Lester Schiefelbein, and program co-organizer Dana Welch.
THE TOP SIX REASONS TO ATTEND the ABA Section of Dispute Resolution’s 13th Annual Arbitration Training Institute on March 9-10, 2020.
- It’s being taught by over 20 of the leading arbitrators and arbitration advocates in the country.
- It will teach new arbitrators the skills needed to become good arbitrators and experienced arbitrators will learn how to become great arbitrators.
- It will teach new arbitration advocates how to become good advocates and experienced advocates how to become great ones.
- It’s being held in Phoenix in March!! Warm weather! Spring training!
- It includes small group sessions with successful arbitrators on how to market and increase your arbitration business.
- Did we mention the course is in Phoenix in March?
VII Annual RAA Conference
March 18, 2020
Marriott Novy Arbat Hotel
Topics to be discussed:
1) Future of International Arbitration
– Impact of sanctions on international arbitration
– Arbitration vs. state courts
– Investment arbitration in light of the Achmea decision
– Prague rules vs. IBA Rules on the taking of evidence
2) Arbitration in Russia
– Arbitration Reform: Is there the light at the end of the tunnel?
– Russian case law on enforcement of foreign arbitral awards
– Restrictions on the activities of foreign arbitration institutions
3) AI in IA (Artificial Intelligence in International Arbitration – myth or reality):
– Predicting the outcome
– Selection of arbitrators
– Data Protection
To learn more about the program and speakers, please visit the link below.
Experts in Technology Arbitration- Best Common Law and Civil Law Practices
April 2, 2020
SVAMC, with the support of the Association Française de Droit de l’Informatique et de la Télécommunication (AFDIT), invite you to a Paris Arbitration Week forum on Thursday, April 2. The panel will examine how arbitral tribunals can get the technical expertise they need to properly adjudicate a dispute, whether by relying on party experts, or by appointing tribunal experts directly. We will explore the pros and cons of various methods proposed by arbitration institutions to get expert testimony before tribunals, as well as the very different approaches common law and civil law arbitrators and counsel bring to the use of technical experts.
This program is complimentary and open to all, however space is limited. To register, please download the program below and use the RSVP link provided.
International Arbitration: Drafting, Advocacy and Enforcement
April 3, 2020
Cleveland, OH, USA
Located at the CMBA Conference Center, this one day event includes panels on drafting and negotiating arbitration and clauses, arbitrators’ perspectives, and enforcement of arbitration awards.
SVAMC Tech List Appointee, Michael Diamant, will be a moderator on the second panel.
SVAMC is a co-sponsor of this program.
Space, the New Frontier in International Arbitration
April 3, 2020
The Atlanta International Arbitration Society (AtlAS) will hold its regularly scheduled Plenary Meeting via webinar on April 3rd, 2020 from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm Eastern Daylight Time.
SVAMC CEO and Founder, Les Schiefelbein, will present on the panel titled, “Space, the New Frontier in International Arbitration.” The presentation will focus on — New Space — the many wealthy entrepreneurs who are funding space industry projects with and more often without the financial support of the government or traditional aerospace contractors.
SVAMC is a co-sponsor of this program.
Stanford Law School Advanced IP/Tech Mediation and Arbitration Course
A Comprehensive Training in IP/Tech ADR Advocacy Skills
in conjunction with SVAMC and the California Lawyers Association
February 23-24, 2021
Stanford Law School
Palo Alto, CA, USA
A two-day comprehensive advocacy training course on intellectual property and technology arbitration and mediation for litigation counsel. This course features lecture and interactive segments and is designed for experienced lawyers.
Participants completing the course will receive a Stanford Law School course certificate. CLE credit pending approval.
This course is designed to provide experienced counsel legal knowledge and practical expertise in technology and patent alternative dispute resolution. It covers pre-filing considerations, pleading, selecting arbitrators and challenges, jurisdiction, and how best to present patent, copyright, trade secret and other US and international IP technology cases in arbitration and mediation, including post-award enforcement and challenges, and ethics.
Course materials, including practical resource guides edited by faculty, will be provided.
Early Bird Registration Deadline: November 13, 2020.
Save the Date – Registration details to be announced soon.