An Insider’s Perspective On Resolving Technology Disputes
February 27, 2019
Washington, D.C., USA
King & Spalding and SVAMC invite you to attend an event featuring a dynamic discussion on the resolution of technology disputes. The program will feature distinguished panelists who will share their perspectives from their diverse roles as in-house counsel, external counsel, arbitrator, and institution. This event provides a forum for practitioners to come together and engage in a dialogue regarding the unique considerations involved with resolving technology disputes. Tech List Appointees Les Schiefelbein, Jonathan Fitch, and Sherman Kahn will be participating in the panel discussions.
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
5:00 pm registration
5:30 pm program
7:00 pm registration
King & Spalding
1700 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, D.C. 20006
Please RSVP by February 22.
ICC West Coast Conference
April 29, 2019
San Francisco, CA, USA
Save the date for ICC’s annual West Coast programme in San Francisco to discuss recent developments in international arbitration.
SVAMC’s First Annual All-Member Meeting
April 30, 2019
235 Montgomery St., 17th fl., San Francisco, CA
In addition to networking – Planned program topics:
- Technology in Arbitration and Arbitration in Technology- New perspectives
- Smarter, Faster, and Cheaper- Can You Get All Three in Tech Arbitration?
- Third Party Funding Comes to Tech Arbitration and Mediation
More information will be available 4-6 weeks before the meeting. Also, there is no charge for SVAMC members.
October 30, 2019- November 1, 2019
Building on the great success at the 2018 European Conference in Milan, we invite you to submit proposals to speak the 2019 European Conference in Dublin, Ireland. This conference boasts attendees from more than 40 countries and a forward-looking conversation on the most cutting-edge legal tech topics. Speaking at an ITechLaw conference is an honor, and the conference planning committee carefully considers all proposals to select the best for this year’s conference. Please see topics below and consider proposing in one of these main areas.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
- Artificial Intelligence Topic Themes: To highlight current developments and innovation in AI across a range of sectors including financial services and healthcare and to examine the legal and ethical challenges of commercialising and using AI.
- BlockchainTopic Themes: Blockchain touches every country and provides an opportunity for a very global comparative discussion on how it can deliver commercial benefits and what regulatory or risk considerations are impeding adoption of blockchain.
- Data Protection (a)Topic Themes: How international political developments (including Brexit) and increased regulatory intervention and powers are influencing corporate decision making in relation to data protection compliance.
- Data Protection (b)Topic Themes: Comparative analysis of regulatory enforcement trends and developments.
- Legal Tech Topic Themes: How technological innovation is shaping the legal services market, new legal tech solutions, examples of successful legal service delivery transformation, and the challenges law firms face in procuring and getting value from new Legal Tech solutions.
- FinTech Topic Themes: The evolution of FinTech start-ups, trends in relation to collaboration with established FS institutions, and a comparative analysis for regulatory trends in fintech, particularly those to stimulate FinTech innovation.
- Trends in Technology Sourcing Topic Themes: The commoditization of technology lowers cost but doesn’t necessary reduce risk or regulatory requirements in relation to contracting. What is trending in smart sourcing and risk management, including a comparative analysis of regulatory perspectives and consequences of big IT failures and practical lessons to learn from such failures.
- Cybersecurity Topic Themes: An examination of the increasing proliferation of cyber-security breaches and their sophisticated nature, and how companies can manage these risks and the related regulatory burdens.
- Government Cybersecurity Topic Themes: What are governments doing to manage cyber risks to key services and infrastructure including a review of EU NIS Directive.
- IP Dispute Resolution Topic Themes: Selecting the right forum and recent trends in IP dispute resolution.
- eSports/gaming Topic Themes: Examining legal developments and frameworks for supporting eSports and gaming.
- eMobility Topic Themes: From e-scooters to autonomous vehicles: exploring the novel and complex issues emerging.
- Government Agencies Access to Data Topic Themes: Reconciling the desire for governments to access personal data held by companies including tech companies with individuals’ rights to privacy and data protection: where is the line drawn?
- Digital Transformation Topic Themes: A cross-sector analysis of digital transformation, case studies of successful digital transformation projects and how new legislative developments e.g. the EU Digital Single Market are shaping such projects.
- Export Control Topic Themes: When are software and hardware capable of military applications? Analysis of emerging trends in export control of dual use technologies.