SVAMC Tech List Appointee, David Allgeyer, recently published a chapter in the 2021 ABA Dispute Resolution Section book, “Mediating Legal Disputes: Effective Techniques to Resolve Cases, Second Edition.”
This book will teach you how to work with difficult litigants and overcome the hidden barriers that frustrate settlements. You will learn to:
- Mediate effectively between parties who refuse to talk with each other;
- Deal with insulting first offers, backward steps, and other adversarial tactics;
- Influence how parties assess their legal case;
- Add value and respond to hidden emotional obstacles;
- Apply specialized tactics to overcome impasse
65 linked video excerpts featuring leading mediators will take your understanding beyond the printed page, showing how to apply these techniques in actual cases.