- This event has passed.
Recent Business Cases That Could Impact Your Technology Practice (Now Annual)
November 12, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Peter Ruby will be reviewing Canadian judicial decisions that may have implications for your technology law practice.
Topics will include:
- Time is of the essence clauses
- What are “indirect or consequential” damages
- Revisiting Resolute FP Canada Inc. v. Ontario (indemnities)
- Enforcement of contractual insolvency clauses
- Innocent misrepresentations leading to contract rescission
- The effect of not writing “plus tax”
- Good faith arguments return to the Supreme Court of Canada
Speaker: Peter Ruby, Goodmans LLP and SVAMC North American Group Lead
Peter Ruby is a litigation/arbitration partner at Goodmans LLP with a national and international practice involving technology dispute resolution. Peter is recognized as a leading technology litigator in Chambers Global Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, The Best Lawyers in Canada, Who’s Who Legal, and Benchmark Canada: The Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms. In addition, for a decade Peter was a Professor of Law (adj.) at the University of Toronto teaching Telecommunications and Internet Law. Peter also acts as an arbitrator and mediator with Arbitration Place and ICDR Canada.
SVAMC will co-sponsor this program.
Date & Time:
November 12, 2020
10:00am – 11:00am PT
12:00pm – 1:00pm CT
1:00pm – 2:00pm ET