- This event has passed.
The College of Commercial Arbitrators Presents – Don’t Just Go Through the Motions: How to Increase Your Chances of Obtaining Relief Through Motions in Arbitration
September 14 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
SVAMC is proud to sponsor a one-hour panel discussion presented by the College of Commercial Arbitrators which will be the third installment in an ongoing series of webinars based upon the CCA Guide to Best Practices in Commercial Arbitration – Fourth Edition. Attendees will receive complimentary access to Chapter Seven: Motions.
- The arbitration clause does not cover the claim against my client. How should I object to the arbitrator’s jurisdiction?
- The arbitration pleading does not state a legally cognizable claim against my client. Can I move to dismiss it?
- The opposing party has not produced the documents I need. How should I raise discovery disputes with the arbitrator?
- If the case were in court, I would move for summary judgment following fact discovery. Can I do that in arbitration?
- Opposing counsel has a conflict of interest. Can I ask the arbitrator to disqualify my adversary?
- The opposing party failed to obey the arbitrator’s discovery order. Will the arbitrator entertain my motion for sanctions?
Date & Time
Wednesday, 14 September 2022JURIS Conferences1:00 PM Eastern Time / 10:00 AM Pacific Time (1 hour) Hosted on ZOOM by
NYS CLE credit (transitional and non-transitional) in the area of Professional Practice (1 hour) and a general certificate of attendance will be provided upon request for all other jurisdictions.
Registration is complimentary. Click here to register