SVAMC’s “Call for Papers” invites submissions for its inaugural writing competition. This competition seeks to provide an opportunity to young practitioners, including law students, to write about technology dispute resolution-related issues.
· Eligible Participants: Open to all law students and to all lawyers who have practiced for less than 10 years.
· Topic: Submissions should address technology-related dispute resolution issues.
· Guidelines: Submissions must be the participant’s original work, written in English, and must be between 8-12 pages, including footnotes, with standard margins, minimum 12-point font, and 1.5 line spacing. Co-authored pieces are welcome so long as all authors qualify as eligible participants. Footnotes or endnotes, as well as citation and format style, are not regulated, but the author should seek to consistently use accepted, professional approaches. Submissions are due on December 1, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. Central Time.
· Award: SVAMC will announce the winner of the writing competition by February15, 2024, publish the winning submission on its website, in a social media post, and circulated via email to all SVAMC members. The winner will be invited to speak at a virtual seminar discussing the paper and will be presented with a certificate of achievement.
· Determining the Winner: SVAMC will establish a committee that will determine the winner on a non-discriminatory basis.
· Participant Representations and Consent to Publication: By entering the writing competition, each participant consents to publication of their submission, their résumé, and their headshot on SVAMC’s website. Each participant represents that they alone created their submission; that they own all rights in their submission, including the copyright and all intellectual property rights as well as the right to consent to its publication; and that their submission does not infringe any third party’s copyrights or intellectual property rights and does not improperly include any third party’s proprietary information.
· Submitting Work: Submissions must be emailed to [email protected] by the submission deadline.
Best of luck and we look forward to reviewing your submissions.