- This event has passed.
The Arbitration of Cybersecurity Breach Disputes: Focus on Lawyers
October 19 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
A panel of SVAMC experts will take on a broad range of challenging questions regarding the arbitration of cybersecurity disputes — especially as they impact lawyers.
- What kinds of cybersecurity breaches are lawyers dealing with?
- What are the ethical rules and requirements that apply to a lawyer’s and arbitrator’s obligation to prepare for security breaches?
- How have client expectations developed for express assurances of cybersecurity protection?
- What new demands related to the risk of breach are insurers making of law firms?
- What must a lawyer or arbitrator do when a breach occurs?
- How do claims involving lawyers or arbitrators come to arbitration?
- What kinds of agreements are involved (e.g., vendor, financial services, insurance, reinsurance, legal service agreements)?
- What can we learn from war stories of those who have fought in the trenches?
Time will be reserved for questions and observations from the audience.
Our distinguished speakers include SVAMC members:
- Gary Benton
- Stephanie Cohen
- Joseph DeMarco
- Jonathan W. Fitch, Moderator
- Sandra A. Jeskie
- Sherman Kahn
- Mark Morril
Date & Time
October 19, 2021