- This event has passed.
The Secret Sauce: What Conditions Should Exist for International Arbitration to Thrive In an Emerging Technology Hub
December 11, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
New technologies are —by definition— borderless and poised to permeate and have a direct impact on all aspects
of modern life. Interestingly, the industries that produce new technologies are generally clustered in certain
geographical areas where favorable conditions exist to promote innovation, creativity, business entrepreneurship
and cultural acceptance. From the famed Silicon Valley to cities like Singapore, London, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, New York,
and Shanghai; technology hubs owe their success to both individual advantages and certain shared features such as
government support, the presence of robust scientific and academic institutions, an active private sector, and a
highly qualified legal community.
This roundtable sponsored by the Miami International Arbitration Society (MIAS) and the Silicon Valley Arbitration
and Mediation Center (SVAMC) and hosted by White & Case LLP, will feature several legal experts hailing from
technology companies, law firms, and arbitral institutions from different parts of the world to share their views
about the ideal dispute resolution infrastructure that should exist in an emerging technology hub.
The roundtable will be followed by a cocktail reception. This event is free and open to the public, but registration is
required at https://secretsaucemiami.eventbrite.com. Space is limited due to health and safety regulations.
Date & Time
December 11, 2021
- Adolfo Jimenez, Partner, Holland & Knight and Chairman, Miami International Arbitration Society (Miami)
- Nir Keidar, Partner, Gornitzky (Tel Aviv)
- Humberto N. Macías, CEO, Próspera Arbitration Center (Próspera ZEDE, Roatán)
- Andrea Orta González Sicilia, Partner, Ruíz-Silva Abogados, S.C. and CANACO Arbitration and Mediation
Commission (Mexico City)
- Victorino J. Tejera, Senior Privacy & Security Counsel, Oracle Corporation (Miami)
- Silvia Marchili, Partner, White and Case LLP (Miami)
- Lester Schiefelbein, CEO, Silicon Valley Arbitration and Mediation Center (Silicon Valley)
Florida licensed lawyers may obtain 2 CLE credits (approval pending