- This event has passed.
Virtual Arbitration and Mediation of Complex Cases: Lessons Learned
October 8, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
As the pandemic continues to disrupt the legal practice, conducting all or parts of a hearing virtually has become a daily reality for the arbitrators, mediators and parties. This “new normal” has required many adjustments. A panel of neutrals advocates and virtual industry specialists will discuss lessons learned when conducting hearings, often comprising as many as 40 or more participants and hundreds of exhibits, including whether it is appropriate to mandate virtual hearings over the objection of a party; testing the credibility of witness testifying remotely; virtual hearing test sessions and protocols; ensuring confidentiality and security; time management; issues impacting third-party providers; overcoming technology challenges; and the continuing role of virtual platforms post-pandemic. The panel will present the differing perspectives of advocates and neutrals concerning these and other issues.
- Angela Foster, PhD, Esq., Silicon Valley Arbitration & Mediation Center Tech List
- Simon Boehme, Vice President, Legaler
- Merriann Panarella, Esq., Silicon Valley Arbitration & Mediation Center Tech List
- Andrew L. Poplinger, Esq., partner, Chaffetz Lindsey, LLP
- Richard H. Silberberg, Esq., Past President College of Commercial Arbitrators
Chaffetz Lindsey, LLP
College of Commercial Arbitrators